[scribus] Reducing photo filesizes and dpi for PDFs

Rolf-Werner Eilert eilert-sprachen at t-online.de
Mon Jan 9 17:29:16 UTC 2012

Am 09.01.2012 17:56, schrieb john Culleton:
> On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 09:19:32 +0100
> Rolf-Werner Eilert<eilert-sprachen at t-online.de>  wrote:
>
>> This thread was "Concatenating PDFs - quality?" and I tried to answer
>> to it, but it seems nobody is following that thread anymore, so I
>> open a new one with a more obvious title.
>>
>> As a reminder: This is on 1.3.3.x
>
> I will make the obvious suggestion to upgrade to 1.4.0. It is
> stable now.
>
> John Culleton

It is merely for technical reasons that I don't use it on my office
computer yet :-) (it's still qt3, no qt4). I've installed 1.4 on my
laptop and played around with it a bit this weekend. But it doesn't have
not enough space on its HD for all the photos for this project, so I
choose to start with 1.3.3.

Now that I have made a selection for the book, I could copy only those
and transfer the whole thing on my laptop, but what would that be good
for? Is there  anything 1.4 could do better in this case?

By the way, I just got an answer from the hotline of the printing shop,
they say 100 - 150 dpi would give sufficient results for the book, so
that's good news...

Rolf