[scribus] Regarding Trouble running Scribus 1.4.0 with IceWM

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Mon Jan 9 16:54:16 UTC 2012

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 11:24:23 -0800
Duane G Canaday <sunny51dc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for all of your suggestions.
>
> The one that helped me most was the answer from Greg to hold down the
> Alt key and then click on  the Storybook editor and drag it back into
> position.
>
> I think there are some things in computing that are a matter of
> personal preference. Like whether to use the Storybook editor or not
> or whether to use an OS like Ubuntu or Lubuntu or not. Personally I do
> not like Ubuntu and I came kicking and screaming from Mepis to Antix
> just because the current version of KDE has become too much for most
> of my old computers.
> I like my computers to have a root account and not use sudo but we all
> have our preferences don't we?
> That is what is so great about Scribus. There are so many options- we
> can all use it the way we like to!!
> Hurray for open source!!
> Duane Canaday
>
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

The current version of KDE is too much for me also. So on my
Scribus 13.37 partition I chose XFCE instead. It works like the
old KDE 3.5 for the most part. There are other GUI choices on
Slackware as well. XFCE loads much faster than KDE4 so I assume
it offers a lighter burden on resources.

--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers:

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"