[scribus] Delete previous Scribus versions in Windows

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Jan 8 09:50:09 UTC 2012

forwarding an email by george McIntosh...

ciao
a.l.e

Begin forwarded message:

From:	George McIntosh <tenbear at myfairpoint.net>
Subject:	Re: [scribus] Delete previous Scribus versions in
Windows Date sent:	Sat, 07 Jan 2012 12:08:51 -0500

On 7 Jan 2012 at 17:20, ale rimoldi wrote:

> hi
>
> > > My guess, (little windows knowledge) is that as the program is
> > > installed in the same place, previous versions are
overwritten.
> You
> > > only have one installation.
> > >

> > Previous versions are uninstalled.
> > Scribus for Windows is very well packaged.
>
> i'm not sure of it, but there may indeed be a problem with the way
> scribus installs itself and lets the users uninstall it.
>
> i'm not a big windows users... so i'm not sure that my analysis is
> correct.
>
> afaict, the problem is that scribus allows you to install several
> versions of itself in parallel. and they all use the same
> settings.
>
> this may be the reason why, you can only uninstall the last
> version...
>
> now a question to people more into windows than me: are there
> other
> programs doing the same and how do they manage the uninstall?
> is there anything jean could improve for his packaging?
>
> ciao
> a.l.e

I'm not a Windows expert but I do use it.
The previous versions of Scribus, rcx, did not show up in the
uninstall list when a
new version was installed although they were still there in Program
Files (x86).
Probably not a Scribus installer issue. When I installed V1.4.0 I
selected the delete
previous versions option and the previous versions disappeared. Maybe
the easiest
way to get rid of the old rc versions is to reinstall 1.4.0 and select
the delete previous
versions option.

George