[scribus] Delete previous Scribus versions in Windows (help!)

Jean Ghali jghali at libertysurf.fr
Sat Jan 7 20:40:58 UTC 2012

Le 07/01/2012 18:55, bobparham at comcast.net a écrit :
> I have a program on my computer called Search Everything. I did a search for "Scribus"
> which brought up all files related to Scribus. There were the missing rc programs! Double
> clicking the file, ie, 1.4.0rc2, produced a list of files pertaining to 1.4.0rc2. Voila!
> there was an uninstall program for 1.4.0rc2. I used this and uninstalled rc2. I used the
> same method to uninstall rc5 and rc6 so it appears everything is under control.
>
> These rc's never did show up in Windows' list of programs.
>
> Bob P

Uninstall programs for pre-release 1.4.0 versions are not to be used after installing
1.4.0 final.

Let's be straight : as with almost every other program, the possibility to have several
pre-release versions installed is only intended for testers and experienced users. Having
multiple versions of Scribus with same version number installed (any suffix excluded :
beta, rc, svn...) is *not* supported. For eg : having 1.4.0 rc5 and 1.4.0 final installed
is not supported, 1.4.0svn and 1.4.0 neither. However having 1.3.9 and 1.4.0 final is, and
having 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 will.

That's why installing both 1.4.0 rc5 and final (for eg.) is only possible after explicitly
responding 'no' to a request to uninstall previous version. At this point, if user choose
'no', he has to assume his own responsibility. In such case, pre-release or previous
versions which have been left as is can (and should) be removed by simply deleting the
associated shortcuts and install folder.

Jean