[scribus] Delete previous Scribus versions in Windows

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sat Jan 7 16:20:22 UTC 2012

hi

> > My guess, (little windows knowledge) is that as the program is
> > installed in the same place, previous versions are overwritten. You
> > only have one installation.
> >

> Previous versions are uninstalled.
> Scribus for Windows is very well packaged.

i'm not sure of it, but there may indeed be a problem with the way
scribus installs itself and lets the users uninstall it.

i'm not a big windows users... so i'm not sure that my analysis is
correct.

afaict, the problem is that scribus allows you to install several
versions of itself in parallel. and they all use the same settings.

this may be the reason why, you can only uninstall the last version...

now a question to people more into windows than me: are there other
programs doing the same and how do they manage the uninstall?
is there anything jean could improve for his packaging?

ciao
a.l.e