[scribus] Trouble running Scribus 1.4.0 with IceWM and, Rox

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri Jan 6 15:20:46 UTC 2012

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 13:08:45 +0000
"K.King" <k.king177 at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> <<
>  > hi duane,
>  >
>  > finally, you should probably try to work without the storybook
>  > editor. scribus has improved a lot in the last few years and --
>  > for most cases and users -- the story editor is not needed
>  > anymore: just edit your text in the frame itself. it's much more
>  > comfortable, that way!
>  >
>  > have a nice day
>  > a.l.e
> We can agree to disagree on this point. Several posts I read
> today are from those who find Story Editor more convenient.
>  >>
> indeed, a number of people I have introduced to Scribus find the
> Story Editor concept alien and cumbersome, they want WYSIWYG editing
> (which has improved) and if some customizable dock-able editing
> toolbars were available I think would make even better.
> k.
Happily it is not either/or. Both methods are available. Each has
some advantages. I just get a little nervous when developers talk
about "redoing" the Story Editor. The only recent change that I
have noted was to remove the quick path to/from the Style Editor from
within the Story Editor. That was a very useful feature that I
used all the time.
--
John Culleton
Free list of books for self-publishers: