[scribus] Trouble running Scribus 1.4.0 with IceWM and, Rox

K.King k.king177 at ntlworld.com
Fri Jan 6 13:08:45 UTC 2012

<<
 > hi duane,
 >
 > finally, you should probably try to work without the storybook editor.
 > scribus has improved a lot in the last few years and -- for most cases
 > and users -- the story editor is not needed anymore: just edit your
 > text in the frame itself. it's much more comfortable, that way!
 >
 > have a nice day
 > a.l.e
We can agree to disagree on this point. Several posts I read
today are from those who find Story Editor more convenient.

indeed, a number of people I have introduced to Scribus find the Story
Editor concept alien and cumbersome, they want WYSIWYG editing (which
has improved) and if some customizable dock-able editing toolbars were
available I think would make even better.
k.