[scribus] Importing from LibreOffice but using Scribus Styles

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Jan 5 20:20:07 UTC 2012

On 01/05/2012 12:06 PM, John Ghormley KJ4UFG wrote:
> Like him, I do lots of italics and bold for the various
> articles in my magazine and the SE make this easier...

I format a two page contribution to an APA every week in Scribus.
There's not a whole bunch of italic or other fancy formatting in it.
However, I know exactly how to get it the way I want in the SE, and the
few times I've tried to change a font or point size in the main window,
I've been unable to find what I wanted.  For me, at least, using the SE
is Just Plain Easier because I know how to do what I need without
hunting around for things.

BTW, there was a request for "Scribus success stories" earlier today.  I
doubt that what I do qualifies, but if so, let me know and I'd be glad
to send you a little write up and a pdf of one of my 'zines.  Just
remember, that the comments on the previous disty will be almost
incomprehensible to anybody who's not read it.