[scribus] Scribus 1.4.0 Released-exist the PowerPC version?

Mike Sleger chappa-ai at q.com
Tue Jan 3 01:04:00 UTC 2012

On Jan 2, 2012, at 3:03 PM, Martin Costabel wrote:

> On 2/01/12 20:30, Craig Bradney wrote:
>> On 1/2/12 8:24 PM, Teodor-Toma Silvestru Muntean wrote:
>>> Thank you Craig!
>>> I'm not Port or Fink lover, it need X11 (not work so good like under linux)
>>> I try to build packages several times, (under linux too) with success zero (I'm entirely  antitalent)
>>> so
>>> only choice to me is waiting or go again in adventure of building packages
>>>

>> Build with macports then :) The package I built (using macports for libraries) does not need X11.
>
> Fink has both scribus-x11 and scribus-aqua variants. They build on MacOSX 10.5, 10.6, 10.7.

So, for the Mac users who don't know how to "build" packages (those that expect software to include an installer and just "work"), is there documentation somewhere for us "less fortunate" to be taught how to build our own packages for Mac?  (Honestly, I would put that as the responsibility of the software releasers, but oh well...)