[scribus] SVG makes WinXP and Win 7 to crash. Why?

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 19:38:40 UTC 2012

On 02/27/2012 02:59 AM, josfon at xs4all.nl wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When importing this svg in Scribus the result is a crash of Win 7.
> The same happens in Win XP.
>
> Editing the file in Inkscape goes just fine. No problem at all.
> What's wrong here?

After loading your attachment and saving as an .svg file, I find I am
able to import it without problems into Scribus 1.4.0 on XP. All I see
is a picture of a flower, no text. This is importing as a Vector file,
not loading into an image frame.

I think there is some dependency for SVG import for ghostscript, perhaps
just as a display factor in Scribus. There definitely would be for

Otherwise, I'm not sure why you're having trouble.

Greg