[scribus] SVG makes WinXP and Win 7 to crash. Why?

Judah Kleinveldt judahyodh at yahoo.ca
Mon Feb 27 17:44:49 UTC 2012

[scribus]  SVG makes WinXP and Win 7 to crash. Why?

I may be poking in the dark here, as I don't have the file in question.

Though if you have an object with a complex fill, a large amount of nodes, a very complex edge and if any of these are coupled with a inkscape native filter then you may encounter problems importing the svg file. Have you attempted exporting the said document to an eps or plain (as opposed to inkscape) svg file.

Try exporting the document to mutliple vector formats and see if you still have the same issue.

Another option could be to open the svg file in a text editor or a svg validator to see if there may be anything untoward with your svg file.

Preferably you would like to work with eps files esp if you are considering sending to a print or repro-house.

Perhaps if I were to aquire the file in question then maybe I could try and see if there is anything I could do to help.

Thanx
Judah