[scribus] 150 error

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Sat Feb 18 21:22:50 UTC 2012

> Running as user.
>
> Started a compile again as user and got this
> interesting message:
> ASpell Found OK
> PoDoFo NOT found - Disabling support for PDF embedded in AI
> Boost Library Found OK
> Building without GraphicksMagick (use -DWANT_GRAPHICSMAGICK=1 to
> enable)
> -- checking for one of the modules
> 'libpoppler>=0.17.1;poppler>=0.17.1'
> Poppler NOT found - Disabling support for native PDF import
>
> Now where is it looking for poppler? I have it all over the
> place.

Well, I have a /usr/lib/pkgconfig/poppler.pc file

It says;

prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=/usr
libdir=/usr/lib
includedir=/usr/include

Name: poppler
Version: 0.18.0

Libs: -L${libdir} -lpoppler
Cflags: -I${includedir}/poppler

so you would expect to find libpoppler.so in /usr/lib and the
poppler headers in /usr/include

what does your system say? It's sort of ok to have it all over the
place, as long as it is in the place where the pc file says it should
be. However, you must have a path statement to pick up the one you
want. EG, if you built poppler in ~/opt/poppler, then you would need
to ensure you exported that path (for the console you are working in),
ie,

# export PATH=/opt/poppler:$PATH
# export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/poppler/lib/pkgconfig
# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/poppler/lib

Often if you don't know what you are doing, it is best to build in
/usr/local (generally the default) as the default search path includes
/usr/local.

Slackware might be a different kettle of fish, so check your manual.

 --
Owen