[scribus] 150 error

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Sat Feb 18 03:09:40 UTC 2012

On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 12:32:13 +1100 "Owen" <rcook at pcug.org.au>
wrote:

> <snips>
> > OK I am stuck again. I wiped out all references to poppler in
> > /usr/local/bin, /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include. I made
> > three separate compiles for poppler, one with prefix
> > /usr/share, one with prefix /usr and one with prefix / . I
> > ran make install and ldconfig after each compile. I wiped my
> > work directory for scribus 150 clean.
> >
> <snips>
>

> > So if I am to set the include directory manually with a set
> > statement where should I set it?  e.g., /include /usr/include
> > /usr/share/include other?
>

> Do you have /usr/lib/pkgconfig?

Yes
> Did you remove any references to poppler there,( or
> /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig)

I'll do it now.
> What does # env|grep PATH show?

 env|grep PATH shows:
CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/lib/qt/include:/opt/trinity/lib/qt3-3.3.8.d/include
MANPATH=/usr/local/man:/usr/man:/usr/lib/java/man
GLADE_PIXMAP_PATH=: GLADE_MODULE_PATH=:
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin
GTK_PATH=:/usr/lib/gtk-2.0
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/opt/trinity/lib/qt3-3.3.8.d/pkgconfig:/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/lib/pkgconfig
WINDOWPATH=7 LIBGLADE_MODULE_PATH=:/usr/lib/libglade/2.0
GLADE_CATALOG_PATH=:
> If you built outside the paths returned above, then you have to
> set it, either with an export or in the CMAKE file which I
> don't know how to do off hand.

I am just building for a scribus 1.5.0 in the same /usr/local/bin
directory as I did before.  I haven't changed my download-compile
script at all.  I did set a path for POPPLER_INCLUDE_PATH  to
/usr/include. /usr is one of the four targets I have used for the
new poppler compile and install in my efforts to make the process
play nicely.

Removing the references to poppler in the two pkgconfig directories got
me past all the previous sets of cmake errors. Don't know why it works
but it does. Now I have a compile but the program won't run. I get
the flash screen and then an error message flashes by but too fast
for me to read it. I get a Signal #11 segmentation fault. I
changed the ownership of the output executable to my sign on name
and group but that didn't help.

I'll keep digging.

-- John Culleton Free list of books for self-publishers:
http://wexfordpress.net/shortlist.html

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"
http://www.booklocker.com/books/4055.html