[scribus] 150 error

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Thu Feb 16 20:25:53 UTC 2012

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 08:27:42 +0100 ale rimoldi
<ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

> hi
>
> > Am 15.02.2012 01:34, schrieb john Culleton:

> > > poppler-0.18.3.
> > >
> > > Installed yesterday. Ran ldconfig. Just rebooted. Error
> > > recurs.  Should I back up to poppler-0.18?
> > Hmm, don't know. Yesterday i've tested poppler-0.18.3 and it
> > compiled fine here. Maybe the compiler just gets the wrong
> > include path for poppler.
>
> several months ago, i've tried to get scribus to use a poppler
> installed in at a custom location... but i could not get it to
> work...  (it was at /usr/local/poppler/)
>
> ciao a.l.e

OK I am stuck again. I wiped out all references to poppler in
/usr/local/bin, /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/include. I made
three separate compiles for poppler, one with prefix /usr/share,
one with prefix /usr and one with prefix / . I ran make install
and ldconfig after each compile. I wiped my work directory for
scribus 150 clean.

After all this I still blow up with this message:
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake files:
POPPLER_INCLUDE_DIR
   used as include directory in directory /usr/local/src/s150
   used as include directory in directory /usr/local/src/s150/scribus
   used as include directory in directory /usr/local/src/s150/scribus/dtd
   used as include directory in directory /usr/local/src/s150/scribus/manpages
   used as include directory in directory /usr/local/src/s150/scribus/colormgmt
   used as include directory in directory /usr/local/src/s150/scribus/desaxe
   used as include directory in directory /usr/local/src/s150/scribus/fonts
   used as include directory in directory /usr/local/src/s150/scribus/styles
---etc

So if I am to set the include directory manually with a set
statement where should I set it?
e.g.,
/include
/usr/include
/usr/share/include
other?

-- John Culleton Free list of books for self-publishers:
http://wexfordpress.net/shortlist.html

"Create Book Covers with Scribus"
http://www.booklocker.com/books/4055.html