[scribus] Character palette: Usage?

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Thu Feb 2 08:37:17 UTC 2012

Le 01/02/2012 23:57, Gregory Pittman a écrit :
> On 02/01/2012 05:50 PM, JLuc wrote:
>>
>> As far as i can experiment it with scribusn, when doing so, the
>> requested glyph
>> is not inserted : when inserting a dingbat i can only see an empty
>> square lagter in the frame.
>> It seems only the code of the glyph has been inserted.
>> I have to select the empty square backward and then apply it the
>> requested font
>> by choosing it again, this time in the property palette.
>> I cant believe this is the way it should be or is it ?
>>

> Most likely your default font does not have the dingbat glyph, so once you applied one that does, it shows up.

Sure, but this is not the matter.
The problem is :
If i insert a specific glyph in a specific font,
i want it to be displayed as choosed : that specific glyph in that specific font.
I dont want it inserted in another font, even the default font.

I dont understand why the choosed glyph is inserted in default font and not in choosed font.
I dont see any reason to do so.

Inserting a default font characted when the user asks for a dingbat glyph
is as weird as inserting a red glyph when the user asks for a green glyph.

JLuc