[scribus] Problems with PDF

Christen Anderson christenanderson1994 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 18:50:15 UTC 2012

On 12/18/2012 3:33 PM, Ratofblades wrote:
>      I am having some problems creating PDFs with Scribus.  The book is 251 pages in length.  (I didn’t see the FAQ about recommended page limits until I started looking for solutions to my problems.)
>
> First the short version:
>
>      One day I produced a PDF of my Scribus file using CutePDF and everything went smoothly.  The next day, after making some minor changes to the file, I made another PDF using CutePDF and it took more than 9 hours and there were errors in the final product.  Every attempt to produce a PDF of that file using Cute PDF since has met with the same unsatisfactory results.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you're printing from Scribus
to CutePDF...
if this is the case, you're doing it the hard way ;-) Scribus has a
built-in .pdf export function (File --> Export --> Save as PDF). From
here, you can choose your .pdf version, check for errors, etc., and then
export to .pdf.

HTH,
Christen

--