[scribus] Scripter 2 examples

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Dec 11 19:15:22 UTC 2012

On 12/11/2012 03:33 AM, a.l.e wrote:
> hi greg,
>> A while ago I was trying to find a way to load CSV files with Scripter,
>> but this doesn't seem possible either.
> whaaaat? :-)
>
> just use python to load a csv in a list... then you can loop through
> it as you want.
> should be almost trivial to do... i guess that by googling "python
> csv" you should be able to find everything you need to get started
> (and finished :-)

and so I did.
I'll post on the wiki when I get a chance, for others reference.
One interesting thing probably relates to a discuss vlada and I were
having on #scribus about the infamous No Style -- if you insertText,
then setStyle, the first line does not get the style you set. If you
look in Story Editor, it's labeled as No Style.
The solution was to setStyle, then insertText, in which case the first
line is still No Style, but what's actually there is the correct one.

Greg