[scribus] Development environment

Mark Heieis mheieis at alois.ca
Tue Dec 4 17:59:45 UTC 2012

Hi There,

I have a few questions:

1) Is there something that describes the development environment and
tools that are being used? (Yes, there is a good description of how to
get the archive installed onto one's system, what third party libs are
required and then how to build it using cmake). That works great.

For instance, can you use eclipse (what I'm familiar with) to manage and
build and submit? I see that QT Creator is used, but as I'm not familiar
with it, does it support management of many of non c/c++ files and
functionality (eg. python files for scripter). What do the existing
contributors use?

2) I would be nice for those new to the project to have a document
indicating the expectations and process on how to make, test and submit
changes to scribus

3) Is it git or svn that should be used going forward? I've seen
discussions on this.

4) Are there any architecture or design documents? For scripter?

If this all exists and I've missed it, my apologies and just send me to
the locations.

Thanks in advance.