[scribus] scribus on Win7 68bit

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Aug 26 05:54:09 UTC 2012

hi isabel,

> And that works for you? I'm curious to know because mine kept throwing
> error messages until I installed both to the same directory. Even
> when I added the path to Gs in the external tools preferences in
> Scribus, a message would pop up when I started the program.
>
> Of course, you can choose the 32bit version of Gs and install both in
> the (x86) folder, but it will also work fine if you put Scribus in
> the 64bit folder, even though it's 32bit.

from the theoretical point of view, installing them in the same
directory is a bad idea, could mess things up and should not really
help...

really, you just have to make sure that scribus calls the correct .exe
file (or the binary file on mac) by fixing the path in the scribus
preferences.

it does not matter in which order you installed scribus and gs, but
after you have installed gs, you have to check in the scribus
preferences if the path is correct.

i have submitted a new idea, how we could try to make this issue a bit
less painful:

Add a "Detect Ghostscript" button
http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=11048

Since I'm lucky enough to use an OS where packagers kindly fix that
sort of things for me, I have to rely on you, the users of OS X and
Windows in its variegate versions, to provide a list of paths that
scribus should search for GS!

have a nice day
a.l.e