[scribus] Indic Unicode support for Scribus is developed

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Aug 23 17:12:43 UTC 2012

hi anil,

>   I am happy to announce that Indic Unicode support for Scribus is
> developed and tested successfully.
>
>   The patch for the development version ( as on 15the Aug 2012 ) is
> available at http://www.atps.in/download/Scribus_1.5_indic.patch
>   The patched source tarball is available at
> http://www.atps.in/download/Scribus_1.5_indic.tar.bz2
>
>   It would be nice if you could test it and provide feedback so as to
> make it work better.

i've created an "indic" branch on our git servers!

the code does not compile with the standard cmake parameters we are
used to, but we are debugging it and trying to get it to work...

some of the fixes seems trivials (like a cast to a long instead of an
int...), other will probably take a bit more time...

if you want, you can help out :-)
we are mostly on the #scribus irc channel on freenode!

ciao
a.l.e