[scribus] Strange behaviour in 1.4.1

Jean-Luc Waber jlwaber at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 15:50:37 UTC 2012

Hi

Am 22.08.2012 12:37, schrieb Mike:
> On 22/08/2012 08:20, ale rimoldi wrote:
>> hi

>>> Then I bet that is the problem.
>>>
>>> Scribus has a setting for "Automatic text frames". When that setting
>>> is turned on, inserting a page will automatically create a text frame
>>> on that page, with the size set to the margins of the page (as set up
>>> in the document setup).
>>>
>>> But I have to confess that since I have never used the feature I can't
>>> find where the setting is found...
>> well, when an automatic frame is created and you asked for it at the
>> document creation, well, thats a feature, not a bug!
>>
>> we will see how that document looks like...
>>
>> ciao
>> a.l.e

I had the same thing in several versions of scribus (now 1.4.1) on
Windows XP. I have the automatic text frame on, but on the inserted
pages I have no text frame! The text frames are at the bottom somewhere
far after the last page and not on the inserted pages. I always had to
copy or create a new text frame on the new pages and re-link the frames.
(I just reproduced this behavior now with 6 pages, automatic frames
turned on, inserted 2 pages after page 2, and got the two frames below.)

Jean-Luc