[scribus] Newspaper workflow

Stefan stmstmstmster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 06:19:53 UTC 2012

Hi Javier,

2012/8/22 Javier García Alfaro <javiergalfaro at gmail.com>:
> Hi all, am editor / designer of a monthly newspaper [1] which recently began

I take at the look of your first paper linked here
http://periodicoeleslabon.wordpress.com/
it seems like a 24 page magazine in tabloid format (a little larger
than A4-Format).

Same as we are doing with http://kompass.im/kompass-archiv/ This is a
24-page newsprint magazine for pirate party in germany.
The Issues Kompass 3.2011 Killerspiele and Kompass 2.2011 Arabellion
are produced with Scribus, Later ones with Adobe InDesign.

Within Scribus there is no support for any kind of workflow. You will
need other tools to manage page planning and authors.

What we use for that:

- for page planning: a standard wiki with special wiki templates. It
lives at http://wiki.piratenzeitung.de
See the planning page for our August issue here:
http://wiki.piratenzeitung.de/?title=Kompass:2012.3
our layout guy uoploads his pdf previews to the wiki server.

- for text editing: some pirate pads, that is a webbased text editor
for collaborative editing. We have a so-called "team-pad" at
http://artikelschmiede.piratenpad.de . We make the text good there. If
a text ist finished in the pad, we copy it into a corresponding page
in our wiki, our layout guy fetches it from there.

- we have a weekly teleconference via mumble software. Cause we are
not in one city, but all across germany.

Feel free to ask more questions.

Cheers, Stefan