[scribus] resizeobject.py

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Aug 4 16:41:01 UTC 2012

On 08/04/2012 12:34 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> I've created a wiki page about this script, and also a second version:
>
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Resize_Objects
>
> The second one allows (but doesn't require) you to enter separate values
> for the width and height factors. For example, you could simultaneously
> reduce width by 0.6 and enlarge height by 2.5, but if all you want is
> enlarging both by the same factor, just enter one value.
>
> AFAIK, it seems to work on all objects, including groups. It will work
> after a fashion (it won't crash) with a collection of selected objects,
> but only one of the objects is resized.

It's worth mentioning these particular behaviors:

If you enlarge a text frame with text, the frame is enlarged but not the
font.
If you enlarge a Bezier curve, the curve is enlarged, but the line width
is the same.

If you create a group of a text frame and Bezier curve, then enlarge,
the font increases in size, and the width of the Bezier line increases.
This might actually be a desired result, but is worth considering.

Greg