[scribus] pdf file size once more

Vladimir Savic vladimir.firefly.savic at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 16:31:11 UTC 2012

I'll share my own experience on the subject since I've been using
Scribus for professional (as in I'm getting money for it) work.
Scribus can, and usually does, produce quite unoptimised output. It
doesn't mean it's unreliable or error-prone piece of software. Oposite
is truth, I'd even add. Drawback being only size of produced PDFs.
Luckily, we have ghostscript and adobe reader for linux. Use Reader
for generation of beautiful ps files and gs for turning it into
PDF1.3. I always do 1.3 since it is old enough for everyone to accept
it. This workaround/workflow is great for flattening transparencies
and producing reasonably small files. Have to add that I've never
experienced color related problems or missing or melformed objects.
Try it.
Cheers,
Vlada

--