[scribus] Loading pdf files into Scribus.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri Apr 20 23:56:12 UTC 2012

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 23:27:53 +0100
Brunet Pierrick <pierrick.brunet at telecom-bretagne.eu> wrote:

> > Any suggestions on how to tame the beasties in Scribus?
> >
> It is certainly not the best way to do that but I have already had
> problem with pdf importation in scribus and you can use latex to
> solve that.
>
> You have to install latex on your computer
> Then, you can use render frame (icon next to image frame)
> right click on the frame->change sources->font/header
> additional header :
>
> \usepackage{pdfpages}
> And in the code:
>
> \includepdf[pages=8]{/media/Documents/telecom/cdv/cdv25_34.pdf}
>

> Where you can choose the page and the localisation of the document.
> I used that only on the the computer of a friend which can't import
> pdf in an other way.
>

> On other way if you use windows is to open the pdf with something
> like adobe illustrator and export each page as a picture.
> I hope it will help you ..
.

Thanks for your quick reply.

These are one page cover files. so breaking up pages is not the
problem, just importing a single page pdf into Scribus. I have TeX
already of course.

I have the first pdf loaded successfully in Inkscape. I can
modify the file in Inkscape  which seems to be more "pdf
friendly" than the current versions of Scribus.

Then I need to put the file in pdf X/1-a:2001 format which
Scribus 1.5.0 will do.

If all else fails then I will save from Inkscape as a bitmap (png
maybe) and insert that into a graphic frame in Scribus 1.5.0. But
I hate to revert to a bitmap format.

I still would like an all-Scribus solution. But maybe there isn't
one. As a last resort I will try the LaTeX exit from Scribus.
--
John Culleton
"Create Book Covers with Scribus"