[scribus] Loading pdf files into Scribus.

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri Apr 20 23:18:03 UTC 2012

I have four pdfs from a customer that I need to patch a bit. They
are roughly 14 x 11 and run about 3 to 5 mb each. As near as I
can tell they are about 100 dpi density. These are cover
graphics produced by InDesign.

I have a problem with the density. But laying that aside I don't
seem to be able to load them into either 1.4.1 svn or 1.5.0. I
tried importing one of them and also loading into a graphic
screen. They can be viewed in Acrobat Reader and Gimp. But
Scribus (both versions) chokes. I tried converting to ps and then
was huge.

Any suggestions on how to tame the beasties in Scribus?

--
John Culleton