[scribus] Long space bars in Scribus

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Fri Apr 20 15:00:23 UTC 2012

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 10:30:37 -0400
Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> dijo:

>On 04/20/2012 09:15 AM, wena-parry at talktalk.net wrote:
>>
>> Greg, you say,
>>
>> “The only other thing is that in the version of Word I use, it will
>> auto replace '--' with en-dash as I type.”
>>
>> Which version do you use? I have Windows XP Pro and Word.
>>
>> As a mater of fact some times my version has converted to a long
>> dash, but I don’t know what I did for that to happen.
>>
>Word 2000 I think (on XP).
>
>The conversion seems to happen most predictably when you are typing,
>type the '--', then the following space, something like what happens
>when you type '1/2' and then a space, where you see conversion to the
>1/2 glyph.
>If you already have '-', type some more, then go back and add another
>'-', then the conversion doesn't seem to work.

It's in the Autocorrect feature. Ditto for OpenOffice/LibreOffice. You
can change it to whatever you want. For example, the default install of
both programs autocorrects (c) to the copyright symbol. But I create a
lot of exams where the answers to questions require (c), so I deleted
the copyright entry in the autocorrect menu.