[scribus] Long space bars in Scribus

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Apr 20 14:30:37 UTC 2012

On 04/20/2012 09:15 AM, wena-parry at talktalk.net wrote:

> Greg, you say,
>
> “The only other thing is that in the version of Word I use, it will auto
> replace '--' with en-dash as I type.”
>
> Which version do you use? I have Windows XP Pro and Word.
>
> As a mater of fact some times my version has converted to a long dash,
> but I don’t know what I did for that to happen.

Word 2000 I think (on XP).

The conversion seems to happen most predictably when you are typing,
type the '--', then the following space, something like what happens
when you type '1/2' and then a space, where you see conversion to the
1/2 glyph.
If you already have '-', type some more, then go back and add another
'-', then the conversion doesn't seem to work.

Greg