[scribus] HTML importer problems when using images

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Apr 18 12:51:57 UTC 2012

On 04/17/2012 07:51 PM, Antonio Roberts wrote:
> As a work-around to Scribus not yet supporting Footnotes I'm following
> the advice found on the Scribus wiki that recommends exporting your
> document in HTML format and then adding in the footnotes manually
> (source: http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Footnotes_in_Scribus). This
> works until you try and import a HTML document that has images as the
> HTML importer tries to import the image as text. As images, when
> opened in a text editor, consist of many hundreds of lines of text,
> this often results in Scribus freezing.
>
> Is there a way to import an HTML document that has images? I just
> don't want to have to go through my 50-page document and delete all of
> the images first

This seems odd. I think you should look at the HTML file under a text
editor.

I just did this same thing, with an HTML I created with a plain text
editor, and import went Ok, with Paragraph styles created, and the
images just showed up as the link in parentheses:

(img, src:path/to/image.png)

which I think is a useful feature, in case you want to add image frames
to your Scribus document.

Greg