[scribus] Scribus as technical drawing tool

Sveinn í Felli sveinki at nett.is
Thu Apr 12 07:48:06 UTC 2012

Þann fim 12.apr 2012 01:31, skrifaði John Beardmore:
-------------

-----------------
> There has been some strangeness though. On some of my
> attempts to import the SVG, nothing appeared. When I now try
> and make a PDF, I get warning messages about "Free Objects".
> There are various texts, layers, rects and paths, and
> something identified as g3060. All are shown as "Object is
> not on a Page".
>
> Any clues as to how this might have arisen, and how to get
> rid of
> them ?

Probably your object landed somewhere way off the page.
How did you 'import' the SVG?

I did a quick test; your SVG is fine (except the Arial
thingie) and shows nicely in Konqueror previews and in Inkscape.
Make an image frame -> Get image -> Adjust image to frame is
the way I 'imported' the SVG, had to choose 'All files' in
the filetype dropdown (may vary between OS's)
Had no warnings when saving or printing as PDF.

Best regards,
Sveinn í Felli