[scribus] the docs license

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Wed Apr 11 16:39:52 UTC 2012

Hi Anke

> at the moment I'm writing a course for scribus 1.4 so following all this discussion, I ask myself,
> if I'm actually allowed to do so.

Of course you are!

> I wrote courses for Gimp (2.0, 2.2, 2.4, 2.6), KompoZer (0.7.10,.0.8b3) and Calc (3.4), and a sort
> of course (about 100 pages) for 1.3.3 to use for teaching classes (all German).
>
> I'm not using the manual. I haven't found it, yet, so I'm struggeling a bit here and there and try
> out a lot on the program. I haven't found out what the new tool is there for, for example, but I
> will.. sooner or later ;)

The help via the help menu is the topic of the discussion. If you don't have it because you use
Ubuntu or Debian, then please add it if you accept its not DFSG compliant. Take what you want from
it - just don't take it as a whole and republish it as a book and sell it (which obviously is not
your aim anyway).

If you are teaching on 1.3.3, then
http://www.amazon.com/Scribus-Open-Source-Publishing-Christoph-Sch%C3%A4fer/dp/0956078001 might be
useful for you as a reference.