[scribus] the docs license

Anke Lange gimp-werkstatt at gmx.de
Wed Apr 11 16:35:46 UTC 2012

Hallo list

at the moment I'm writing a course for scribus 1.4 so following all this
discussion, I ask myself, if I'm actually allowed to do so.

I wrote courses for Gimp (2.0, 2.2, 2.4, 2.6), KompoZer (0.7.10,.0.8b3)
and Calc (3.4), and a sort of course (about 100 pages) for 1.3.3 to use
for teaching classes (all German).

I'm not using the manual. I haven't found it, yet, so I'm struggeling a
bit here and there and try out a lot on the program. I haven't found out
what the new tool is there for, for example, but I will.. sooner or later ;)

Just to add my experience to this discussion about becoming rich on
selling manuals/courses for OpenSource Projects... Everybody loves the
programs, everybody loves my courses, but only as long as they are free.
Not a lot of people are willing to pay for them. So believe me, you
don't become rich with them. People believe more in  "free bear" than in
free speach ;)

I do agree, that if somebody uses somebody elses work, he should at
least mention his name, put a link to the page... But don't it won't
make anybody rich ;)

--
Anke Lange
An der Landwehr 25