[scribus] Where do I set the line spacing?

Owen rcook at pcug.org.au
Mon Apr 9 05:48:56 UTC 2012

> Okay, that wasn't present in the ^t context in which text is edited,
> despite
> that the font size can be set there. But a right click on the text box
> in
> the page context gets to that - and it was set to fixed by default,
> which is
> brain dead. Anyway, the hint where to find it is much appreciate

Perhaps there is a better way of doing things.

1. Create your new document (File->new->Custom)
2. Create a text box, fit to width
3. Double click inside the text box
4. Type your text then highlight it
5. Go to Properties->Text and set your font, font size, and other font
characteristics as needed.

One minute max

> Yeah, I'm afraid the way the .deb is being distributed for Ubuntu by
> Scribus
> they've left out the manual and defaulted to the "simple" palette.
> Which is
> as nonsensical as defaulting to a fixed line height. Sigh.

The beauty of things is that you can set your own defaults, so with no
document open, go to File->Preferences and set it up the way *you*
want to set it up. That way you wont have anything to complain about
:-)

You can even do that with an open document, but it apply only to that
document.

Endless ways of skining a cat, keep at it.

 --
Owen