[scribus] Using Scribus to prepare a one-off poster

Whit Blauvelt whit at transpect.com
Thu Apr 5 18:27:44 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm using Scribus (1.4.0 on Linux) to prepare a 3' x 5' poster (text with
some line drawings) to be printed out by a FedEx/Kinko's shop as a poster
presentation for a conference next week.

This raises a bunch of questions. Such as:

What should I be aware of in preparing the file and exporting it to get
decent results?

Should I give them a PDF? Or ...?

Is there a convenient way (or any way at all really) to print a draft onto
multiple smaller pieces of paper?

Looking on the wiki and in the recent months of the mailing list archives I
haven't seen this sort of printing discussed. If I've missed something,
please point me to it. If you have your own experiences with this sort of
project, please share them.

Thanks,
Whit