[scribus] Problem...

john Culleton John at wexfordpress.com
Fri Sep 30 17:56:33 UTC 2011

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 13:25:47 -0400
Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex at scribus.net> wrote:

> On Sep 30, 2011, at 1:17 PM, john Culleton wrote:
> >

> > Now why doesn't the download page say that more clearly? I don't
> > have a good answer.
> >

> > --
> > John Culleton
> > Wexford Press
> > "Create Book Covers with Scribus"
> > http://www.booklocker.com/books/4055.html
>
> John,
>
> I updated the information on the Download page at
> http://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Download. Please check it out and
> leave your comments.

Exactly put. Now I hope newcomers will heed the message!

I would rearrange the page somewhat, putting the pointers to 1.4.0rc
together and right under the 1.3.3.14 download pointers. This means
putting the 1.4.0 svn and the 1.4.0 tarball right under "Read
instructions for Debian/Ubuntu Linux Package archive access."

The overall page sequence would be:
All the 1.3.3.14 stuff
All the 1.4.0 stuff
All the 1.5.0 stuff

If you are too busy I can do this and send it to you.