[scribus] latest version for Linux Ubuntu

Dale Erwin dale at casaerwin.org
Sat Sep 17 03:48:45 UTC 2011

On 9/16/2011 3:28 PM, Craig Bradney wrote:
> John..
>
> You have been told 2 very relevant things in the past..
> a) Check the svn revision number
> b) You can subscribe to the commit log mailing list if you want to see what gets committed.
>> Size aside, If 1.4.0 is not significantly better than 1.3.3.14 then an
>> awful lot of effort has been wasted.
>>

>> Interesting (but not significant) that the Scribus Win 32 package is so
>> much bigger than the Scribus Linux 32 package. Perhaps more of the
>> library code is compiled in.
> This is completely irrelevant. With win32 and OSX binaries, we distribute Qt and all other dependent
> libraries. On Linux we have the luxury of not needing to do that.
>
>>   But I do an apples to apples comparison,one night to the next,
>> and use it as a measure of change. The flash screen date is usually
>> behind the times and the compile number changes
>> every 24 hours whether or not there have been changes. So for us
>> outsiders the file size is the truest indicator of real change.
>>
> Its still a very very bad measure of change. Follow a) and/or b). You also seem to ignore how your
> system changes (which I hope it does with updates to the OS and libs being applied)
>
> Thanks
> Craig

I can't see how it's a poor test for what he's trying to do, i.e. verify
if any change has been made, unless, of course, it's possible to get
different results from the same compiler/libraries and the same source
file.  If that's the case it might be better to just compare the size
the source file from day to day.

--
Dale Erwin
Lurigancho, Lima 15 PERU