[scribus] latest version for Linux Ubuntu

Craig Bradney cbradney at zip.com.au
Fri Sep 16 20:28:17 UTC 2011

John..

You have been told 2 very relevant things in the past..
a) Check the svn revision number
b) You can subscribe to the commit log mailing list if you want to see what gets committed.
> Size aside, If 1.4.0 is not significantly better than 1.3.3.14 then an
> awful lot of effort has been wasted.
>

> Interesting (but not significant) that the Scribus Win 32 package is so
> much bigger than the Scribus Linux 32 package. Perhaps more of the
> library code is compiled in.
This is completely irrelevant. With win32 and OSX binaries, we distribute Qt and all other dependent
libraries. On Linux we have the luxury of not needing to do that.

>  But I do an apples to apples comparison,one night to the next,
> and use it as a measure of change. The flash screen date is usually
> behind the times and the compile number changes
> every 24 hours whether or not there have been changes. So for us
> outsiders the file size is the truest indicator of real change.

Its still a very very bad measure of change. Follow a) and/or b). You also seem to ignore how your
system changes (which I hope it does with updates to the OS and libs being applied)

Thanks
Craig