[scribus] lulu help

Adrienne Carmack adrienne.carmack at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 12:20:19 UTC 2011

I uploaded our pdf to Lulu. It said "all fonts must be embedded", so I
embedded them all. Previously, some were embedded and some were
outlined.

I got this error message back when they tried to print it:

"I have reviewed the interior source file for this project
(LuluFullSpectrumHealth.pdf) and I can see that there is an issue with
the font embedding, and this is the cause of the problem. I received
an error message related to the 'Baskerville-Bold' font when I opened
your document, and I also noticed that there are many, many instances
of duplicate font subsets in the file.

An updated revision using new files will need to be created in order
to move forward with this project. As the font embedding is a product
of the software that was used to create the file, we would recommend
that you utilize an alternate PDF creation tool for your file. If you
need more information about creating a successful PDF, please follow
the link located here.
http://www.lulu.com/help/how_do_I_make_pdf"

Now, Baskerville Bold is a font I had trouble with and had to outline
to get to show up in my pdf. I have no idea of what they mean by "many
instances of duplicate font subsets."

Thoughts?

Adrienne