[scribus] First Line Indent problem/Story Editor

bobparham at comcast.net bobparham at comcast.net
Fri Oct 28 22:01:27 UTC 2011

On 10/28/2011 4:35 PM, Margaret and George McIntosh wrote:
> On 28 Oct 2011 at 15:43, bobparham at comcast.net wrote:
>
>> In Story Editor the lower half of the style names are cut off just
>> as if
>> they were cut with a knife. This makes it hard to read. Should I
>> report
>> this as a bug?
>>
>> Is there a way to apply a particular style to a complete document or
>> at
>> least a number of paragraphs rather than laboriously applying to
>> each
>> paragraph?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your comments.
>>
> Bob,
>
> I don't know why style names are cut off in Story Editor. I lose the tail on "y" in
> "Body Text" but the name is still easily readable.
> In Story Editor you can highlight all the text, using Select All in Edit, and set the
> style using the drop down list in the top toolbar.
>
> George
George, imagine if you will, a style that will apply to every page in a
chapter of my book that is named Body Text Style. The first line of
every paragraph will have in the left column (Style) the name "Body Text
Style". Imagine further that you printed the name "Body Text Style" on a
sheet of paper and using a pair of scissors split this text in half
horizontally from left to right (or right to left). You would then
dispose of the strip containing the bottom half of the text. This would
leave you with a strip containing only the top half of all the letters
in the name "Body Text Style".

I found the drop down list to set the style for the entire chapter.
Thanks very much for your help, George.

Bob

--

*Bob Parham*

*People may forget what you did and people may forget what you said but
people will never forget how you made them feel.
*

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")