[scribus] First Line Indent problem/Story Editor

Margaret and George McIntosh tenbear at myfairpoint.net
Fri Oct 28 14:59:55 UTC 2011

On 28 Oct 2011 at 16:40, a.l.e wrote:

> hi
>
> > I first prepare the text in MS
> > Word. I use Tab key to indent first line of paragraphs.
>
> in word, you could also use indenting instead of tabs to indent
> your
> text...
>
> ciao
> a.l.e

When typing your text in Word, do you really have to know where the paragraphs
start, as long as Scribus knows? Scribus will recognise the new paragraph, started by
the Enter key, and put the correct indentation in the text. If you put a Tab or spaces in
then you have to remove them to get the correct indent. Yes, you could take the
indent out of your style and use the indent provided by Word. I prefer to type things
in a text editor and let Scribus make the indents. I hate Word.

George