[scribus] First Line Indent problem/Story Editor

bobparham at comcast.net bobparham at comcast.net
Fri Oct 28 14:13:29 UTC 2011

On 10/28/2011 2:39 AM, Czarek wrote:
>> However,
>> Indent varies mostly between 0.250 inches and 0.375 inches with one
>> being 0.625 inches.
> I have not any problems with indents.
> The only one is not Scribus problem, but my text sources - people often use
> spaces or tabs as indentation in text editors. As I am using indentation from
> style I must remove all that manual indentation.
What you are saying here intrigues me. I first prepare the text in MS
Word. I use Tab key to indent first line of paragraphs. Since I don't
have a line space between paragraphs, I don't know what other way to
distinguish paragraphs when I import this text into Scribus. Perhaps it
would be better to put a line space in the text when creating in Word
but leave off the indent. Then, after importing this text into Scribus I
could try inserting the indent using Story Editor and the appropriate
paragraph style. If the indents are then acceptable, for the last step I
could manually remove the line between each paragraph. Does this make
any sense? How do you remove "manual indentation" after text is imported
into Scribus?

> Maybe that is answer for your problem?
>
> Next answer may be usage of manual applied indentation (by moving marks on
> ruler) in text editor. Then in Scribus these values may override style`s
> indentation values like you apply it yourself be selecting paragraph and move
> text markers on ruler.
I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you are saying here. Are you
saying that if the indentation is set in Word by using the ruler it
could be causing the problem or are you suggesting that this might be a
preferred way of handling First Line Indents rather than doing it in
Scribus?

I'm new to DTP and likely most on this List have already successfully
mastered the idiosyncracies that I am going through.

Bob P

--

*Bob Parham*

*People may forget what you did and people may forget what you said but
people will never forget how you made them feel.
*

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")