[scribus] First Line Indent problem/Story Editor

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Oct 27 20:15:06 UTC 2011

hi bob,

> It appears to me that more work needs to
> be done with Story Editor.

yes, it has to be rewritten with a new concept...

> It would really be nice if Story Editor
> could display all the edits that were made including Font & Font Size.

if you need a preview of your text, you really should edit it in the
frame itself, without going through the story editor!

and if there is any problem editing in the frame, i guess that
it's that bug that must be fixed (at least in the long term)! and not a
feature to be added to the story editor!

as already stated, the current frame editor has grown out of the need
to overcome the slowness of inframe text editing in older versions of
scribus. even for the simplest frames.

nowadays, most editing work can be done in the frame itself, so we need
a new story editor with a new concept. a new concept to fit the needs of
people wanting to work differently than what is possible in the frame.

ideally, i think that we should build the story editor in a way that it
should be possible to create different story editors for different
needs...

>      Is this the best job Scribus can do in handling First Line
> Indent? Do I simply have to manually adjust these as needed?

no.

please post a sample document to the bug tracker, where one can see
this effect in action.