[scribus] First Line Indent problem/Story Editor

bobparham at comcast.net bobparham at comcast.net
Thu Oct 27 19:23:45 UTC 2011

I have used Scribus 1.4.0rc2 and now using 1.4.0rc5. I have had the same
problems with both so the issues below apply to both. Perhaps some
issues are "pilot errors". I have been working with Scribus for six or
seven months but still have a lot to learn.

The first issue is lack of consistence in applying a style to the body
of my document. (a chapter of my book) I created a style and everything
seems to be applied properly except first line indent which is very
inconsistent. I created the style as follows: First Line Indent= 0.2500
inches, Left Indent= 0.0000 inches, Right Indent= 0.0000 inches. This
produces body text from left to right margin exactly as I want. However,
Indent varies mostly between 0.250 inches and 0.375 inches with one
being 0.625 inches.

In Story Editor the lower half of the style names are cut off just as if
they were cut with a knife. This makes it hard to read. First line in
first paragraph shows no indent but when the style is applied to the
document, it seems to be correct with the discrepancies mentioned above.

I have had problems with Scribus crashing, first with rc2 and now rc5,
when working with Story Editor. It appears to me that more work needs to
be done with Story Editor. It would really be nice if Story Editor could
display all the edits that were made including Font & Font Size.

Back to the First Line Indent:
     Does anyone see anything wrong with the way I have created the
Style? Bear in mind that in my document I have no problem getting the
Font, Font Style or Font size.
     Should something be selected in "Based On" selection windows when
creating Style?
     Is this the best job Scribus can do in handling First Line Indent?
Do I simply have to manually adjust these as needed?
     Is there a way to apply a particular style to a complete document
or at least a number of paragraphs rather than laboriously applying to
each paragraph?
     Have others had these Indent, Story Editor and crashing problems or
just me. I must mention I have Windows 7, 64 bit computer.

Bob P
--

*Bob Parham*

*People may forget what you did and people may forget what you said but
people will never forget how you made them feel.
*

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")