[scribus] Fwd: Improve typographic rule support

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 26 21:52:08 UTC 2011

On 10/26/2011 04:45 PM, john Culleton wrote:

> I do not want to argue the point. Just tell me which other sample you
> like as well or better.
>
> Would my paper be more convincing if I hid the names of the programs
> and submitted the samples to a jury of publishers and authors?

I don't think there is a need for further samples. You have to accept
that others may not agree with your assessment, that is all. What seems
obvious to you is actually a point of disagreement. I am trying to view
the balance of the lines, the line breaks, the hyphenation, and agree
with Louis that one could find discomfiture to some degree in all,
including TeX.

Also, as Louis says, when you have the capability of fractional
adjustments in typeface size, plus a variety of other things to adjust,
the importance of a line break or hyphenation algorithm becomes less
critical. It's just one of your tools.

Greg