[scribus] Wrapping Text Around Photo & Caption

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 15:48:44 UTC 2011

On 10/24/2011 03:24 AM, JLuc wrote:
> Le 24/10/2011 09:16, JLuc a écrit :

>>> I notice that the lassoing part really isn't necessary, since one can
>>> simply click and drag the line in between two
>>> nodes.
>>
>> It seems to me that lassoing 2 points is the only way to move one line
>> (2 points)
>> and not one point.
> No, this is not it : it is possible to move one line,
> but there is no CTRL or ALT or SHIFT constraints to these moves
> and so it is difficult to keep horizontal or vertical the 2 OTHER lines,
> next to this one.
>
> The lassoing (or click on point, shift click on other points) enable to
> use a single arrowkeys
> (left or right for example) thus not moving in other directions (not
> moving up or down in the example).

All of this having been said, I would personally opt for the less
elegant method of creating an empty frame over the image + caption and
then text flow around that frame.

Similarly, even when you have some irregularly shaped collection of
objects to text flow around, it is often a much quicker task to create
two or more empty frames to accomplish what you need.

Greg