[scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.4.0 RC6 Release

Joe Zeff joe at zeff.us
Thu Oct 20 19:23:46 UTC 2011

On 10/20/2011 12:07 PM, Jan Schrewe wrote:
> It doesn't. The question is if smaller and simpler changes leading to
> subsequent more frequent releases would have prevented users from treating
> release candidates as actual releases.

How about doing something very old fashioned, and very, very un-PC:
letting people take responsibility for the results of their own
decisions, good or bad.  A release candidate is nothing more than an
advanced beta; not guaranteed to be ready for prime time.  About all you
can be sure of is that it runs and that there are no *known*
show-stopper bugs.  It's available for *testing,* and that word means,
among other things, "finding bugs we missed."  If you use it for a
production project and get stung, report the bug, find a work-around if
you can and move on.  If you can't afford to take that chance, don't use
an rc, and if you do, accept the responsibility for your decision
because nobody on the Scribus dev team twisted your arm.