[scribus] If not D-BUS, then what?

Tyson Boellstorff perlcat at windstream.net
Thu Oct 20 16:03:44 UTC 2011

OK, here's what I am trying to do.

I have a flyer that I plan on having the marketing droids design. It
will be laid out exactly how the company wants, but I plan on inserting
sales contact information/photo depending upon who is electronically
requesting the flyer -- a customer in region A will get Salesman Joe,
and a customer filling out from a location where disaffected college
students live will get one from one of salesmen Larry, Curly, and Moe.
I'd say to do a mail merge to do this, but I wanted better control of
the layout -- and I also didn't want to have a human have to start
scribus and exec the script -- just call scribus on demand when the docs
are needed, so that we don't waste paper just to have enough flyers on
hand. (Depending upon how they request it, most would get a PDF anyway...)

I can use xsl/htmldoc to render it -- but it won't look as good.