[scribus] Announce: Scribus 1.4.0 RC6 Release

Gregory Pittman gregp_ky at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 20 15:13:29 UTC 2011

On 10/20/2011 09:15 AM, Mike Sleger wrote:
>> The previous behaviour of Scribus has been acknowledged as a bug. Now
>> the bug is fixed.
>
> Changing generated layout between revisions in a page layout application (where a user presumably created the layout as they wanted it to be) without a means to adapt the layout (automatically) for compatibility with the new code (with no shifting) is not the way things are done in the professional world of programming.
> ___

Something you could do, which might help others out, and perhaps
suggest a fix, would be to determine the difference or shift of the
lines. Is it a fixed amount? Is it dependent on font size?

The answer might come from shifting text frames by a certain amount,
with or without resizing (could be done with a script), or perhaps
aligning to baseline in some instances.

Even those of us who are not contributing to code can find ways to help
others come up with solutions to our problems.

Greg