[scribus] problem importing python modules to script

Steve Wright stevew at etmeli.us
Mon Oct 17 16:19:50 UTC 2011

Gregory,

Thanks for taking a look at this.  Here's what I put into the console
(straight out of the Google api sample file.)  This works if I run it from
the Python command line interpreter.

<code>

try:

  from xml.etree import ElementTree

except ImportError:

  from elementtree import ElementTree

import gdata.calendar.data

import gdata.calendar.client

import gdata.acl.data

import atom

import getopt

import sys

import string

import time

</code>

And the Scribus console returns this:

'Scribus Python Console\n\nThis is a standard Python console with some
\nknown limitations. Please consult the Scribus \nScripter documentation for
futher information. '

File "<console>", line 5

import gdata.calendar.data

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<console>", line 1, in ?

ImportError: No module named gdata.calendar.client

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<console>", line 1, in ?

ImportError: No module named gdata.acl.data

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<console>", line 1, in ?

ImportError: No module named atom

So this caused me to go look at versioning, and found that Scribus is using
Python 2.3, rather than going after the latest Python 2.7 install.

Thanks,

Steve

--
When I could find voice, I shrieked aloud in agony, "Either this is madness
or it is Hell."  "It is neither," calmly replied the voice of the Sphere,