[scribus] problem importing python modules to script

Steve Wright stevew at etmeli.us
Mon Oct 17 15:36:01 UTC 2011

Dear list,

I said this earlier "I have some modules that I have installed on my
machine, (atom and gdata for

Google Calendar API stuff) that work when I call them from the an external
script, but when I try to run them from the Scribus console or directly from
the script menu, the import doesn't work and the script fails.  Is there a
place to explicitly set the path for an imported module?  Any other
suggestions?"

I know more now: From the console, I found out that Scribus is looking at
Python version 2.3.  Latest version on my machine (where my modules are
installed) is 2.7.  Which makes it obvious why the import is failing, for
the version of Python that Scribus is using, there are no modules there.
 So, either Scribus is looking at a wrong path, or Python 2.3 is embedded in
Scribus somehow.  I found the spot buried in the wiki where it says, delete
your pythondll from your scribus distribution to force it to go out to the
system.  Problem is, on a Mac, I don't have a DLL or a lib that is obvious
to delete.

So, how do I tell Scribus to use the current system installation of Python
on a Mac?  Is that even the right question to be asking?

Thanks for any pointers.

Steve

--
When I could find voice, I shrieked aloud in agony, "Either this is madness
or it is Hell."  "It is neither," calmly replied the voice of the Sphere,